I hope everyone had a wonderful Canada Day long weekend! And to all my American pals, I hope you are enjoying your 4th of July celebrations!
I received another nomination for a blogging award over the weekend and realized that I have actually received several nominations over the past month or so that I never got around to acknowledging publicly. I sincerely apologize to the lovely bloggers who kindly nominated me for various awards and hope that you will forgive my late response!
First off, I would like to send a giant thank you to Patty for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award back in May! You can check out her lovely blog here.
Next up, a big thank you to C.J. for nominating me for the Illuminating Blogger Award back in May! Please check out her blog Food Stories when you have a moment.
Next, thank you Mary Ann for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award back in June! Mary Ann’s blog My Pen and Me is a lovely collection of her original poetry.
And finally, a heartfelt thank you to Cathy for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! I love the title of her blog – My Pursuit of Happiness and Skinny Jeans.
I feel very humbled to have been recognized by these four strangers who happened to stumble across my blog and actually enjoy what I write about. Thank you again for putting a smile on my face :)
Now, the rules that accompany these four awards are pretty much the same. Link back to the person that nominated you, state 7 facts about yourself, nominate other bloggers for the awards (with links to each of their blogs), and notify them that they have been nominated.
SO! I have just accomplished step 1.
Step 2. Facts about me. This could get tricky. I’m not very good at talking about myself.
1. I recently accepted an internship with Bell’s Professional Management Program. I just completed my second day with the program and think it’s going to be a fantastic experience. Hopefully I’ll get around to posting more details about it in the future!
2. As of late, my favourite meal is homemade pizza. But not with regular dough… Cauliflower pizza crust! Gluten-free and oh-so-tasty. Check out my previous post for the recipe!
3. I have 2 cats: Joey and Chloe. Joey is a bit on the chubby side and suffers from diabetes. We have to give him insulin shots twice a day. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, my passion for healthy living has not rubbed off on him one bit :(
4. If I could go anywhere in the world right now I would go to Thailand. Mmm, thai food…
5. I have absolutely no sense of direction. Sometimes I can’t even find my way around my own home town.
6. I recently purchased Sigur Ros’ latest album called Valtari. It’s the most beautiful album I’ve ever had the pleasure of listening to.
7. I still dislike running, but have recently fallen in love with aerobic step classes. Great cardio workout!
This now brings me to the third step – nominate other bloggers!
One Happy Table – this is a fantastically delicious blog with some amazing-looking vegan recipes! I highly recommend checking out Lauren’s latest recipe for Gooey Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry-Rose Frosting. Lauren, I nominate you for the Illuminating Blogger Award!
The Veggie Vore – a collection of excellent recipes that can be adapted for both meat and non-meat eaters! I nominate you for the One Lovely Blog Award :)
L-Jay Health – I started following this blog because I was inspired by L-Jay’s personal journey to improved health and well-being. The fitness and nutrition info he posts is also very useful! L-Jay, I nominate you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
Emmy Cooks – I just stumbled across this blog and was very intrigued by the collection of recipes! Particularly the recipe for chocolate waffles… I nominate you for the Versatile Blogger Award!
That’s all for now folks. More good stuff to come!
– Be Well xo