I woke up to a wonderful surprise this morning – an e-mail notification saying that I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award and the Liebster Award! A giant THANK YOU to Cravings Gone Clean for the nominations! If you are not already following her blog, I highly suggest that you do. She posts healthy, guilt-free versions of recipes, many of which can be made vegan or gluten-free. You would be wise to check out her recipe for healthy pad thai!
After receiving the lovely news about these nominations, I then clued in to the fact that I had no idea what the awards exactly meant. For those of you that are also wondering, here are the details/rules:
The Versatile Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
- In the same post, include this set of rules.
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
The Liebster Award:
- The Liebster Award is for bloggers who have inspired you, and have less than 200 followers.
- How it works: Link back to the person who gave it to you and thank them. Post the award to your blog. Give the award to 5 bloggerswith less than 200 followers that you appreciate and value.
- Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have received this award.
SO! Without further ado, here are my nominations for The Versatile Blogger Award. Since I am fairly new to the blogging scene and therefore do not follow many blogs regularly, I only chose a few. I’ll nominate some more soon! I have made notes beside the blogs that I am also nominating for the Liebster Award.
- While Chasing Kids – Anastasia is a Russian mother of two adorable children. I’ve been following her blog pretty much since I first started mine back in February. She posts lots of delicious, Russian recipes which are always accompanied by beautiful photos. I’m particularly excited about trying her buckwheat patties with cilantro sauce!
- Make Food Not [Body] War – Beth is a true inspiration. Her blog is a collection of personal stories about her journey to recovery from anorexia nervosa. She has such a positive attitude and outlook on life, I’ve really enjoyed reading her blog. She posts some great recipes, too! I would also like to nominate Beth’s blog for the Liebster Award, because I find her strength inspiring.
- Little Ginger in the Big World - My friend Emily recently started this blog to document her upcoming adventure to South Korea to teach English (she leaves in a few weeks!!). She’s pretty much the definition of a “free bird”. I envy her spunk and spontaneity! I’m looking forward to living vicariously through her by reading about her experiences in Korea for the next year. I’m also nominating her blog for the Liebster Award, because yesterday she inspired me to write down a new “bucket list”!
- 366 Days of Pinterest - Pinterest has become a new obsession of mine, so I was immediately drawn to the title of this blog. Kirsten, the author, made a personal goal to try a new Pinterest project every day! I just subscribed to her blog, so I’m looking forward to taking a quick browse later on to see which things she’s tried already.
- Domestic Diva, M.D. – This blog has made me laugh out loud on several occasions. The author, a fourth-year med student, always writes a humourous story about her personal life to go along with every recipe she posts. Sex After Surgery and Spinach Pesto gave me a particularly good chuckle. Looking through her blog I can see that she’s been nominated for this award multiple times already!
- For the Love of Cooking – Pam’s blog has sooooo many delicious-sounding recipes, and her pictures are awesome. I can see on her home page that she has won a lot of blogging awards, but I’ll nominate her anyways!
7 Fun Facts About Me (mostly music-related)
- I can play the piano, guitar and sing. I took piano lessons when I was younger for about 8-9 years, and voice lessons for a year. I taught myself how to play the guitar (aka I can manage to strum enough chords together to form a recognizable song). Since I currently do not have a job lined up for the summer, my goal is to start playing piano and guitar again on a regular basis.
- I am a musical theatre junkie. I was a chorus member in Beauty and the Beast and played Eponine in Les Miserables – my favourite musical of all time (both high school productions). I also played the lead female role last year in Laurier Musical Theatre’s production of College: The Musical. Another goal for the summer if I remain unemployed: audition for a community theatre production!
- Since we’re on the topic of music, I may as well tell you that I am a ridiculously huge fan of country. Taylor Swift, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum, Tim McGraw, Miranda Lambert, Dean Brody… love ‘em all. My idea of the perfect night out is going to the Corral (a country bar in the dirty ‘shwa) in my cowboy boots.
- I used to play softball competitively. In 2004 (wow, that sounds like so long ago…) my team placed first in Ontario for our division.
- I LOVE going to concerts. Here are some of the artists I’ve heard perform: City and Colour, Tegan and Sara, Justin Nozuka, Taylor Swift, Needtobreathe, Tim McGraw, Lady Antebellum, Keith Urban, The Black Keys, Cage the Elephant, Rascal Flatts, Arctic Monkeys, Michael Buble, Peter Katz, Gloriana, Kellie Pickler, Jack Johnson, Rise Against, Brad Paisley, John Mayer, Dierks Bentley… the list goes on.
- I am currently obsessed with the singer Birdy. I was absolutely shocked last night to learn that she’s only 15. You would never guess it by listening to her sing – she’s phenomenal. I just purchased her album on iTunes for only $7! FYI – she does amazing covers of The XX’s ‘Shelter’, Pheonix’s ‘1901’, James Taylor’s ‘Fire and Rain’, and Bon Iver’s ‘Skinny Love’.
- I’m left handed. :)
Be Well xo